Thursday, February 18, 2010

Found Poems

Your found poetry, drawn from works by Elizabeth Bishop, Allen Ginsberg and Michael Ondjaatje:

1.
Go fuck yourself with your atom bomb,
About the size of our abidance,
About the size of an old style-Dollar bill.
I lost two cities, lovely ones and vaster,
a water meadow with some tiny cows.

Heavens, I recognize this place. I know it.
Life and the memory of it cramped.

Two brush strokes each;
Your Uncle George, my Uncle George
Our visions collide.


2.

I can't stand my own mind.
I never knew him.
But we walk around a bit
life and the memory of it cramped.
Clear as grey glass.

I can't stand my own mind.
Buy a bottle, the hour badly spent.

"I'm too tall for you, Billy."
The art if losing isn't hard to master.
He was by then an alcoholic.

I'm sick of your insane demands.

You were a sunflower,
but go fuck yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment